Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ad Inspiration

I went to the American Crafts blog last week and came upon this challenge. I couldn't pass it up, it had two of my fave things in it- ad inspirations and American crafts products. I can never get enough of that two! So I digged through my torn magazine clippings and came across this.....

Then made this.....

[date night]

I lifted the design and used that bracket part from the ad to highlight my title. I know these pictures are pretty bad, but I've been wanting to scrap these pictures which was from Dec. 07 file so I went and scrapped it anyways.


One of the striped pattern paper gave me the inspiration to create my title using three different sets of thickers.


I copied the colors from my title to create my flower. I layered felt embellishments, then wrapped some paper thread around it, added a die cut flower and finished it off with a brad.

Supplies used:
Cardstock- Bazzill; *Pattern papers- (black) Tiara, The Goods, (pink and brown scallop) Salut, Everyday, (Stripe) Train ticket, Travel, (green) French Onion, Ala Carte; *Foam letters- (red) Subway, (White) Daquiri, (Blue) Giggles, Thickers; *Felt flowers- Holiday House; *Rubon- Accents book two, Mini marks; Brad- Making Memories; die cut flower- Plantin Schoolbook, Cricut, Provo Craft; Journaling font- LD Vanilla, Letter delights.com; Others- Paper thread, source unknown
*products from American Crafts


and if you're looking for more inspiration, head on over the GCD studios blog all week. We're sharing some great Mother's Day projects. Mine's up today.

Thank you for looking and till next time,
Grace

2 comments:

Valentina Fussell said...

very cute! If the photos are special then why not scrap them?

nancy said...

Grace, I just read over your last week of blogging and I LOVE your layouts!! You are so creative and I'm very inspired. I LOVE the page with all the GCD circles... very cool!