Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, May 25, 2008

Celebrate Two minibook

This project was three fold- (1) to catch up on my pages/pictures. This was in October of last year and I knew I needed to get it scrapped one way or another or it would be forgotten. (2) Was so inspired by the minibook tutorial Erin Lincoln from Creating Keepsake did for National Scrapbooking day and wanted to make my own version of it and (3) because I got a cool paper kit from SocalScrap called "Metropolis" which was chock full of fun, vibrant Scenic route papers.



So I slaved all week long to get this done. Well not actually "slaved", yeah that would sound like I didn't like the process. LOL. What I meant was that I spend all my free time getting this done. It's really an easy book to put together. I enjoyed learning a new way to bind boards to make a book. A duct tape sure has many uses. :) If you wanna learn how to make your own book, go to www. creatingkeepsakes.com and go to Erin Lincoln's blog for more details. She took the whole week before NSD to break down the process. I would have to say that the hardest part was to to find the illustration board cause none of my local craft store had it. I finally found it at an art's supply store and they're kinda pricey.

The book is thin but the fold really intrigued me.


And when you open it it has three sides.



Erin's theme was past,present and future. Fun idea but since Maddie's birthday was a three part celebration, I decided to use the minibook for that theme instead.



Close up of each section




I used my 1"circle punch to make the tabs out of some of the scenic route papers then added words that describe that part of the celebration with some making memories tiny alphas.

When you open the flaps, they have pictures and journaling in it. There's five tabs and some have two pictures, others have only one.





The journaling stamp was so easy to incorporate cause I can spread it around the whole project and since there's lines, it makes my handwriting look nice. :)



and here's the front/back part. In Erin's book she used only one pattern paper design. But again the scenic route papers were so fun, I couldn't just pick one design.



So there, hope you got inspired to make a minibook from scratch, get those birthday party pictures scrapbooked or play with some fun scenic route papers.

oh BTW, there's more of the kit instock at SCS store and they're very well priced. Link should be in the left side of my blog. ;)

Have a great day,
Grace

1 comment:

The Sonboul's said...

GRACE THIS IS AMAZING!!!!! SUBMIT IT RIGHT AWAY!!! I LOVE THIS!!!! I LOVE THE COLORS AND THE WHOLE LAYOUT OF IT ALL!!!! SUBMIT THIS NOW!!!