Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, April 27, 2008

projects galore....

wanna see some eye candy? Well don't know if this fits YOUR description of "inspirational" projects but I do hope you like my latest creations......

These tags were made from scrap stuff but the flowers are from the Scrapwords store. It's really cool is its 3d. When you look at it in a different angle it will say a different word. Like the wish one also says dream and the the moment one says perfect as well.


This one used some Prima papers available at the Scrapwords store. Oh and this page was also featured in the CK website last week. The web editor noticed it because of the curvy dumbbell.


Journaling:
Everyday at 5:30 in the afternoon you can find Mitch stretching and warming up his muscles while watching the news. Then he heads off to the weight room to do his strength training “routine”. I’m very impressed at his determination to stay in shape. Rain or shine, he’s always doing something to burn calories. He knows that he needs to work hard so he can live longer. That’s my man, strong inside and out. April 2008

This page was also featured in the CK Website at their homepage on Friday. I made it for a few challenges. I was inspired by the text pattern paper. I encircled the words that suited my theme.




A card using Prima papers which is again available at the Scrapwords store. Can also be seen in the Prima gallery.



this one too.


and these are made from hod podge of stuff but the foam embellishments can be purchased at Scrapwords store.




This one was made for a challenge at Scrapwords with the word- harmony. Used products from that store.


Journaling:

Harmony according to the dictionary is a “pleasing or congruent arrangement of parts”. Lately I’m feeling more creative when I combine music and papers. Something with Rihanna and Natasha Bedingfield singing in the background while I move my pictures and papers around gets my groove on! Scrapbook harmony, lovin it! April 2008

And this one is for a scrapfaith challenge. We were to document the time in our lives when we finally realized for ourselves that our faith/belief was the one for us.



Journaling:

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we have the opportunity once a month to voice out our “testimonies” during our Sunday services. Testimonies are best described as your personal affirmation that certain Gospel principles the church stands for are true. But growing up in the church, young members tend to “borrow” other’s testimonies without the real understanding of them. They just say what the common statements are without any conviction to live by them. I admit, I was one of those “kids” that borrowed my parents’ testimonies for a long time. I would go up during testimony Sunday and say what I hear people say with out really understanding what I was affirming to.

And then, I hit my lowest of low. My life was falling apart and nobody there to catch me. I’ve made some very wrong decisions and for me to go through the toughest challenges in my life I had to go back to what I learned in my primary days. I remembered the promise that if I call unto Him, he will help me. I’ve never prayed as hard and as sincere as I’ve done at that time. Reading my scriptures gave me the peace and promise that I needed/wanted. Through that dark time I finally understood when they said that Christ lives, He hears us and if we but follow Him in faith, he will deliver us from our afflictions. After reading and pondering the Book of Mormon, I then knew for myself that it is a true book and that the Prophet Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. I then realized for myself that I belonged to the true church upon the face of the earth.

I now truly know what it meant to say all those words I’ve so accustomed to saying during testimony Sundays. For me it’s not just words anymore but my perfect conviction that what I’ve been taught all along is true and to be shared with anybody that will listen.

*I don't know if you can tell but I stamped the first part of my title lighter than the bottom part. I wanted to show that when I was younger I still wasn't sure but then now I'm sure.

So that's it. A little of everything. Hope these projects inspired something in you to create and/or document something that you and your family will cherish for a long time.

Have a great day,
Grace

2 comments:

stopps2scrap said...

Ypur blog is great! Beautiful work! I love the 3d tags! How cool that the words change depending on how you look at them!

The Sonboul's said...

I LOVE ALL THOSE CARDS! you have been so busy! I fall more in love with your style every time I see more work!