Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, July 31, 2012

this Summer's Swim lesson recap

We had a PACKED Summer this year. Didn't go on any vacations but our 'staycation' proved to be just as busy as if we had planned and executed a family roadtrip.
One of the new things we did this year was sign the kids up for swim lessons. We've never saw the need for this when we were in California bec. my inlaws had a pool where we can teach the kids basic skills and where they can practice for as long as they want.

But early in the Summer, Maddie was invited by a classmate to go to a public pool without me! The thought of my little girl, who does not know how to swim, tackle the pool without me scared me to death so with Mitch and I agreeing....we signed both kids up for swim lessons. Luckily a nearby high school's swim team were offering lessons for a pretty reasonable price.

The kids' lessons were for two weeks (July 9th- 20th). We signed them up for the MWF days and they each got 20 minutes semi-private lessons and then we got to stay in the pool for about 1 1/2 more hours to practice and for the kids to play a bit.

It was a great experience for both of them and I'm not sure if the 20 minutes per day that Maddie got was enough for her but I know that it made a change on her skill level as well as Marcus'. Here are some photos I took during the whole two weeks....









Loving my water babies!!!

Have a great day.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: