Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, March 31, 2011

Count Your Blessings plaque

Happy Thursday everyone! I feel like today is going to be a good day. Why you ask?
Well because the forecast said it's going to be in the 70's here. Woohoo! Is it true? I can actually wear some "Cali" clothes today (capri jean, flip flops and short sleeve shirt). Oh how I've missed my Cali clothes. LOL

Anyways today I'm very grateful. I'm so blessed! Blessed because my family and I are healthy, I have a home that we live comfortably in, my husband has a job that sustains us, and that little by little I am getting fulfilled in the most important thing I love to do- Papercrafts!

So today to share my joy of being grateful, I decided to post a plaque I did that was recently published in this magazine....


Simply Handmade December/January 2011 issue

I recently got my comp copy and since this is one of those projects that the idea hit me, I made it, submitted it and got picked up without ever going public online first, I think it's the perfect time to post it....

Count Your Blessings Plaque

This little reminder to count our blessings is pretty easy to make. All you need is a board about 8x8 in size. I got mine at the Craft store with the holes on the top already there. I painted it white to have a nice looking background for all the colors of my numbers, added a felt frame (I think this is from Fancy Pants) and then gathered up all of my number stickers and went to town with it!


I cut out this frame from pattern paper with my Cricut and added my computer generated title. I finished it up with a button.


I love how the numbers offer so many different textures...chipboard, flat, glitter and foam. This is a great way to use up your stash!

So there you have it. Hope this inspired you to (a) Count your many blessings, name them one by one and (b) use up your stash. No more hoarding my scrappy sisters! Let's use up our stuff. So we can buy more stuff!!! *wink*

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

Nati Tristan said...

That plaque is adorable!! I love it!