Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, January 20, 2011

DIY decorating project + a card

Happy Thursday everyone. Got a bit busy in the beginning of this week, running around town getting stuff for the house and shopping. Yes shopping is always fun. *wink* I made sure I filled up the beginning of this week with errands because yesterday afternoon it started snowing again here and you know me and snow. We don't see eye to eye very much and snow days always means "staying home days" for me.

Anyways enough of the blabbing...I'm here today to share with you a super easy and inexpensive way I brought some "ocean" theme to one of our bathrooms.


I want to be reminded of California once in a while and what better way to do this than to display some sea shells.


I say this is an inexpensive DIY project because I only spent $5 on this. I've had the glass jar for a while and was actually using it as a container for my wood stamp before but my Aunt Eloisa gave me her beautiful shell collection and I thought it would be the perfect container to house the shells.
The only I bought here are the stones that I put on the bottom of the jar, something to mimic the shore and also to give the shells a little lift. If you're interested, I got the stones at the garden section of my local Home Depot.


Now this sea shell jar sits on top of the kids' bathroom. I feel like it matches the distressed effect of the cabinets too. Don't you think?

and to finish off this post, let me share a card I recently made with scraps. I made this after I accomplished another challenge in the 52 more challenges book. I can't share the page right now because it has some of our friends there and I don't feel comfortable sharing other people's kids' in my blog. Just to be on the safe side, you know!

Anyways here's the card...


I used a bunch of squares on the layout and since I had some leftover, that drove the design of this card.


I have a few of these tiny flowers with stems and thought of breaking open the package and adding some here. I think they add that soft touch to the card.

So that's it. Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: