Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, June 25, 2010

Congrats card + a RAK chance

Hello Friday. Is our first week of summer break really over? Gosh, I don't think I did much with the kids this week other than going to the library and checking out a new park. Will have to be better next week.

Anyways here's my take on the beautiful sketch this week over at Get Sketchy.

{Congrats}

June is all about wedding, graduations and celebrations so I made a card that doubles as a gift card/money holder.


We were allowed to use our own stash for this sketch and I was so excited to be able to go through some of my Homespun chic products again. I just love, love, love this collection from GCD Studios.


I hand sewn the 3 sides of the pattern paper onto the background to make a pocket. It took me a while to sew it up since I didn't have my machine nor a needle. Yes! it was a little frustrating not to have both. Good thing paper threads are a lot sturdier than regular thread.

Make sure you play along this week ok.

Now onto a chance to take these little somethings home....


If you read my last post, you know that I'm into reading right now. I even got myself to participate in the reading program at the library. I was signing the kids up when the girl asked me if I wanted to join in too. I didn't see any harm in it so I jumped in. For me to get the "prizes" I need to finish one book a week. Now I have a book already picked for this week but I'm looking for some suggestions for more reads. I have the whole summer to fill up you know. *wink*

So if you want a chance to get these little fun stuff.... comment on this post about a book suggestion. I'm into fiction right now but anything goes. I'm open to anything. I'll keep the rak open till Sunday and pick the winner by Monday (June 28th).

Goodluck and can't wait to hear what kind of books you guys recommend.

Have a great weekend.

Till next time,
Grace

2 comments:

Hannie C said...

Here is a new book for you, which I've just ordered as well.
Muffins and Mayhem: Recipes for a Happy (if Disorderly) Life
Suzanne Beecher
I love reading Suzanne's writing over at the book club. so try it out and I hope you'll enjoy it, I hope me too. ;)

StaceyL. said...

I love anything by Karen Kingsbury who is Christian Fiction. The Redemption Series is available at our library and it is super addicting and you'll be done in way under a week (might get credit for two!)