Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, September 3, 2009

September Crazy daisy layouts *photo heavy*

I know this blog has been a little quiet lately. I'm still here, just in the middle of projects galore. It's all good though and in time I can show them all to you but for now here's my layouts using the September Crazy Daisy kit.

A

this layout features my stepdaughter's graduation picture. Because it was a professional photo, I wanted to maintain the focus on it so I kept everything else to a minimum. I found a great quote that matched the event of the pic and used that as my journaling.




I used the stickles and flowers to create a feminine accent to the page. I wanted to match the brad with my glitter stems so I picked a dark blue brad and added stickles on top of it (letting it dry completely before adding it to my flowers) for that extra shine.

Natural Match

Because the kit consists of everything in the distressed and rugged style, I incorporated that by distressing the background paper. I first sewn around the paper, 1/2" inside the page then run my scissor blade through the entire paper. I think sewing the page first helps you to not go way too much in with the distressing. It also allows some type of grounding for your page.


Since the main focus for me is always the picture, I decided to "scatter" hearts punched out from the pattern papers in the kit so I don't overpower the picture collage. By the way, I made the collage in Picasa, which is so easy to use. It gave me the easiness of using more than one photo on a page without worrying too much where each one will go.


I sprayed glimmer mist of the two tags (that came in the kit) and tied it. It housed my computer generated journaling.
-I loved the look of overlapping letters. It created texture and added dimension to the page.

School boy

here's another example of how versatile the papers are. Although they have the vintage feel, you can still use it for your more modern pictures. I was inspired to pull these pics of my son (one is the beginning of the year and one on the last day of school) from the abc ribbon. I loved the look of comparison (from first day to last) It shows the growth of my little boy.


My tip of layering pattern papers, small designs are best to use in majority while big, bold designs should be used sparingly or at the least degree. That way the bold designs don't overpower the rest of your elements on the page.


The lined paper helped me keep my title and journaling straight. I also made my son write his full name. I love the concept of preserving handwritings as well.

She did it (all by herself)

this two page spread was made easy with 4x6 uncropped photos and strips of pattern paper. I created a visual triangle with the horizontal and vertical paper strips plus the tags that housed my journaling and title.


I added stitching and border (from punches) onto the paper strips for added interest. I also painted a little on the pictures so the number chipboards will pop out more.


To seperate the title and journaling, I added circle stickers from the 7 Gypsies sticker sheet.

Temple date

I have to say that I'm not use to such dark tones to work with. You can usually find bright colors on my page so it was hard to pick pictures to use for this kit, but one thing that made a match was these pictures of my date with hubby last year. We try to do some spiritual dates once in a while. It balances out all our movie nights. :) Here I part of the shaped pattern paper to lead the eye to the photos.


I also used the gaffer tape to make my ribbon. It's very easy to twist it around to make a circle because of the adhesive already on the ribbon/tape.
-Because my "e" on the title had the same color as my red paper, I added some hearts behind it to make it pop more. The two hearts also made a good symbolism for a love page like this.


Because the ribbon is a school themed item, I used the back side of it and fancied it up with the basic grey rubons included in the kit.

I finished the minibook but it needs some pictures in it. I will share it soon.

If you need more info on the kit click here.

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

ellen s. said...

what amazing projects. looks like a great kit, love the colors!

hoping to see you over at the cuttlebug birthday bash!