Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, September 13, 2009

my gift for hubby

This coming Thursday, hubby is celebrating another birthday and of course, as the papercrafter that I am, it just makes sense that I make something "crafty" for him.

Here's what I decided to make...

Altered notebook and card

I used some of the Vintage boy papers from GCD Studios for my project. I love that this collection is so masculine in colors and designs that when I'm in the mood to make something "guy" themed, I easily reach for this and I don't have to worry about anything else.


Mitch was inspired to start the P90x workout system when he heard about it from his brother. He hasn't started it yet but will soon get going with it. In the system you're supposed to write down your goals for how many situps/pushups/etc you can do. I think a notebook will come in handy so I made him this.


I added a tag bookmark which is just attached to a paper clip with a brad so he can move it around to pages as he goes on in this system. He wants me to join him but I'm a little apprehensive. We watched one workout and it was intense! But they guarantee that if you follow it for 3 months that you will be RIPPED! So we shall see.


I made this card which was inspired by the lion. I added the crown to emphasize the "king of the jungle" theme.


and finished it off with a simple sentiment inside. I'm going to have the kids sign the card before we give it to Mitch.

So there you have it. Giving gifts can be a lot easier and rewarding if you make it yourself. For more info on the Vintage boy collection, click on here.

Thank you for looking.

Till next time,
Grace

Oh by the way, I finished the John Adams miniseries last night and I cried! The last episode had some tear jerking moments there. Over all I really liked it. I wonder what historical shows/videos I should watch next? LOL

1 comment:

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

My fiance does P90x, too! What a great idea! :) Thanks for sharing!!