Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A sort of recap....

Gosh dang it! This month is flying by so fast. I can't believe it's already Wednesday and I don't think I've accomplished much yet. Anyways, we've been having a lot of fun lately. We finished off last week with another birthday celebration with Marcus' special day falling on Friday then this week we've gone to the free movies (yesterday) and then to the library today. There's no stopping our fun train now! Here's some recaps of Marcus' birthday...

Since we've been celebrating (and spending money) pretty much all week long, on Friday it was all about having fun without spending anything so we started the day with a trip to the park. We we're initially planning on going to a park that we've gone too before but while driving and passing by the Cerritos Regional park, we couldn't help but stop in and check it out. None of us (me and the kids) have ever been there and so that day was a great day to try new things.

It was a nice park. Very big and had a big lake/pond in the middle. There were lots of places for shade and they had two playgrounds. These photos were from one of the those playgrounds.


After the park we headed to Baskin Robbins. I signed up my family for the birthday club where they email you a coupon which entitles you to a free scoop of ice cream on your birthday. Since both me and Marcus had a bday that week, we were able to redeem two scoops of ice cream. I just gave mine to Maddie.



And then that night, I took the night off from work so we (including Mitch) can swim at Grandma Tolman's house. They were very kind to treat us to pizza and we brought some leftover cake (from my birthday cake) to share and then opened his gifts.



I love the photo above cause it shows how Maddie is sharing the enthusiasm and excitement of Marcus' birthday with him. Very cute! While swimming we decided to take off Marcus floating vest and see if he can swim on his own and guess what....... my boy CAN swim on his own!!!! We were very proud of him dog paddling his way around the pool.

Before I close this post, I wanted to share that I tried out a new theater yesterday for the free movie. I found out that the Krikorian theater in Buena Park mall also offers free movies. They only show it during Tuesdays but with two show times- 10 am and 12 noon. Check out the listings here. We watched Space Chimps yesterday and it was soooo funny! We loved it.

One thing I have to say about these free movies though is that they are "first come first serve" and because of it's popularity, you might wanna plan to be at the theater no later than 40 minutes before the show time. It gets really crowded but if you're there early you won't have any problem finding a seat.

So there you have it. Stay cool!


Till next time,
Grace

No comments: