Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, July 2, 2009

Crazy Daisy July kit projects...

I can finally share with you the projects I made with the great July kit from Crazy Daisy. With no further adieu here they are....

2007

This layout showcases a lot of small pictures. I picked some random and favorite pictures from the year 2007 and put them all in this page. This will be my first page/ title page for my 2007 family album.

I used the fancy trims that were in the kit and used a lot of the embellishments as well. I inked the letter stickers to make it stand out from my background and added lots of the rubons as well.

Our Dear Dad

I cut out the "dad" in my title from one of the Crate paper pattern papers. I LOVE pattern papers cause they give us so much material and possibilities to work with


The July kit was packed with a lot of stuff that I personally haven't tried or used before so it was a definite treat to get it in the mail. One of those things was the Maya road journaling sheers. They're so much fun. I incorporated them here as an accent and of course to put my words in. One tip though- the surface is slick so make sure you get a slick writer to use or rub a printing pouch (like scrap perfect) on there so it won't smear.

Lucky to be with u

This page was a fun one for me. Not only because I was scrapping a fun photobooth picture of me and my husband but also because I was able to "play" with all the fun Prima rubons in the kit.


I used the rubons mainly to create a frame around my page but I also added them to my cluster of embellishments inside the stitched heart. I turned the heart journaling over and traced the back of it on the other side of the page before machine stitching the shape.

Our Family

This one was inspired by the family rubons. I used it as an equation type of journaling and title onto my page. Father + mother + brother + sister = our family. I'm so lucky I was able to find a picture that had the whole family in it to reinforce the theme.


I used the buttons to create a visual triangle on the page and sewn the lace in the middle for added texture.

Second Grade

This page is going into my "me" album. The distressed and shabby chic feel of the kit made me rummage through my "oldie but goody" pile of pictures and found this one.


I used the bingo stamp to create a number border on the bottom of my page. The numbers really don't mean anything but I thought it incorporated well with the "school" theme. I also used the Jenni Bowlin letter stamp with the handwriting grid on it in my title. For the journaling, I rubbed the scroll image onto one of the pattern paper's background, cut it out and then adhered it onto my page.

America the Beautiful mini album

this one incorporated the Maya Road star minibook and the patriotic line from Cosmo Cricket.
I think sticking to one paper line keeps a project from being too busy and it also makes everything easy and fast. The papers coordinated well and the stickers was a fun addition too. I even used some of the stickers as a key chain type of embellishment outside of the book. I adhered them to some pattern papers first then punched holes onto the edge and run it through the chain.

The inside pages doesn't have much but I intend to fit in some index sized pictures of the Fourth of July festivities coming up.

Kits are available here. Get them while they're HOT!

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: