Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, March 16, 2009

Meet a REAL outdoorsman

I love Sundays. It's more laid back than my Saturdays. See previous post to learn more about this. Anyways, I love that I go to church in the morning and then spend some quiet time for the rest of the day.

We usually go to my parent's house for dinner but they were busy yesterday so we just stayed home. Good for me, cause I was able to play a little in my scrap space. And here's what I made....

Meet a REAL outdoorsman


This one was inspired by a few challenges.....

OLW- the word for this week was REAL. I loved the word so I used it as part of my title. I even went beyond that and used the word as concept for my embellishments by using "real" items like leather.

Pagemaps challenge- This page was made by using the sketch up in the pagemaps blog right now. I love that it's very linear and yet gives you a lot of room to put your own fun twist to it. I used the main photo spot for my title.

Method Playground- (Non traditional stamping) This week's challenge was to stamp on something other than paper. I stamped on the leather to give it more personality. I've never done this technique before so I was super excited when it actually worked! I love trying out new things.



I got this leather scraps from Mitch. Gotta love that my husband consults me first before he throws his trash away. *wink* There were two kinds, I used the darker one for a tree top and the part of my title and the lighter ones were stamped on and used as tree tops.


I had fun playing up my trees. I added a button with paper thread and used shelf liner for some leaf.


For the title block, I crumpled a cardstock piece, colored it in with ink pad and added my handcut leather plus letter stickers.

Thank you for looking and till next time,
Grace

4 comments:

Anne P said...

Love the stamping on the Leather, very cool idea.

Lynn said...

Love it!

Denise said...

like the leather and the hand stiching!

Deborah Mahnken said...

Really cute! Love the stamping :)