Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, October 30, 2008

What's brewing at home......

I think if you have little ones at home (or even when you don't) the big thing on your mind right now is Halloween.

So is the case in my family. All I hear Maddie or Marcus ask is "is it Halloween yet?" Sure it's annoying most of the time but it also helps me get in the mood.

One of the things we're doing to get ourselves in the Halloween spirit is to carve our pumpkins. We had to do it a little early (last night) cause I have to work tonight and tomorrow night. Here's some fun shots of our new tradition.

With this shot, I propped the camera on top of a tall glass for an instant tripod, set up the timer and made everyone smile.


With two kids always competing with each other, it's just natural to get two, although if it was me and with all the seeds and inside things I need to take out and clean, I would've been happy with just one *small* one.


Here's Maddie just before we started carving. She's drinking some metamuccil to help her with you know what!


Mitch practiced his jack-o-lantern faces on paper then had the kids pick which ones they wanted their pumpkins to look like. Marcus wanted a scary one and he picked this.


I also made some caramel apples. It's too bad that both Stater Brother grocery stores that are the closest to me didn't have the melting caramels so I had to resolve with this premelted ones that you just cover the apples with. It still tasted the same but I would've loved to have added some more fun toppings on my apple. Oh well!


Here's Maddie being the ham that she is...


Mitch was such at "artist" with the pumpkins. He did such a great job.


and the result was a very cool and somewhat scary Jack-o-lantern.


Have a great day everyone,
Grace

No comments: