Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, January 14, 2011

DIY framed art

Thank goodness it's Friday!

As most of you know, I recently moved. With this new adventure, one of the challenges I've come across with is how to design my home in a way where it shows my family's personality but without spending way too much money.

We kind of upgraded with the house and so the stuff that we brought with us does not fill up the entire home. I'm not saying that I want it to be fully furnished right away but there are some walls that are so bare, I can't stand it!

So with that being said, I turned to what I know best....crafting....for help in this area. Starting with this post and more to follow (hopefully not to far apart from each other) I'll share what I've done to bring some "paper love" into my home and maybe you can gather some ideas for your own abode.

I consider myself a "jack of all trades, master of none" because I really do dive into many crafts but I don't stay too long with the craft to actually consider myself an "advance" in that field. One of the things I used to do is Cross stitching. My mother taught me how to cross stitch and when I had my first child, in the first three months of being a stay at home mom, I cross stitched to pass the time.

I did three small projects, promised myself that I will eventually get it framed, placed it in a bag in my "craft" plastic tub and forgot about them!

But after moving, I knew I had to bring them out from their hiding. So I got some old frames, some pattern papers and framed them myself.....


For some reason, when we moved there were a TON of frames without photos that popped out from one box. I think Mitch was hiding these frames all this time. LOL.


I tried to match the pattern papers to the cross stitch designs so they'll blend together. This Pooh one was the first one I framed. I measured the finished CS design and cut out a frame from the pattern paper so the CS will be behind the paper.


I made this one for Marcus and I used little birdie paper to match the "baby" theme in the CS design.


In this one, I used a red pattern paper to bring out the red in the Statue of Liberty design.


As you can see, I'm not an expert in framing nor do I like to take my "sweet" time to make anything like this elaborate. I felt like the pattern paper and framing itself just needs to enhance the CS design. After all, that's why I'm framing them, right?!

So that's my share today. Easy DIY framing that can be done in minutes and costs next to nothing.

I hope you guys have a great weekend and thanks for stopping.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: