Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, January 6, 2011

December Crazy daisy kit layouts *photo heavy*

I know you are probably wondering why the heck I'm sharing this when it's already the 6th of January?! Well with the move and getting things forwarded to the new address I actually didn't get the kit till four days ago. I'm not blaming USPS (ok well maybe a litte) for the delay but we all know that when the Holidays arrive, things get really busy.

So without any further unnecessary blabbing from me, here's my layouts...

Precious Moments

My photo has some white space on the top. I didn't want to crop it because it'll make my only photo looks so small in connection with the whole size of the page, I just covered parts of my photo with paper and border strips.
I also used the red as my main color in the page which coordinated very well with the color of the shirts of my kids in the photo.


The kit had some fun heart and red rubons from Basic Grey in it so I used that as accents to this precious page about my kid's being good with each other.
I also used the fabric included in the kit. I used that as my main pattern stitching it dead center on the page.



Christmas Sweets

This page focuses on our candy making activity two years ago. I was too late in purchasing a Gingerbread house kit that all the stores I went to have all ran out of stock of it. Not to damper my kid's Christmas treat making plans, I bought this chocolate candy making treat and this is what we came up with.


I used some papers from Crate paper here with one using as a strip to create a border around the page. This grounded my page. I also added chipboard buttons on each corner.
I scored an old typewriter from Mitch's shop when they closed and I've been using it like crazy lately in all of my projects. I love how easy it is to type up my journaling without the fuss of computers and printers. The only draw back, I need to make sure my spellings are always correct on the first type.




Visiting with the Big Man!

This was my first page to make with the kit. I love the Crate Paper and couldn't resist using it as my main background. Because the paper's already loaded with fun designs, I chose to go a little simple with the rest of the design. I didn't want the page to look too much. I did however wanted to add strips of paper, border stickers and die cuts to the bottom of the page, so I used a craft knife and cut some slits through the bottom of the Christmas tree pattern so slide my strips of papers into it. I used one of these strips as a place to house my journaling as well.


The pictures in this page is another example of how grateful I am for people that gives me copies of pictures they took of my kids/family. In this one, a sister in our ward took all the photos of each kid that came and visited with Santa during a church party. She then printed them off and gave to the parents. What a lovely service, don't you agree?!



All I want for Christmas

This is my two page spread for the month. Because I am way behind on printing photos, I was very grateful when I found these photos of a Christmas get together we had at my mom's. She was kind enough to order extras of her prints to give to me. Gotta love that!
I used the more vintage inspired papers from My Mind's Eye for this page plus the die cuts too.
I also added the ribbons with the sayings on them and a chipboard tree from the Crate Paper pack.
To add some design to my blocks of pattern paper, I cut the sides with a special postage attachment for my paper trimmer. This method gave it more personality with just adding a different cut to the sides.





A Prized Possession

Although the kit is mainly themed for December events, I loved the reds in it that I thought of making a layout about my love for designer bags especially with a bag that my Aunt gave me as a gift.
I used the back of one of the Jillibean soup paper as my background. I love the Kraft cardstock look for this page. I also used the greens and red here but only used the reds to a minimum so it won't look to Christmasy.





thanks for looking and make sure you stop by tomorrow. I have the mini to share.
To learn more about this and other Crazy Daisy kits, click here.

Till next time,
Grace

2 comments:

hilde janbroers said...

wow you've been busy! love it all!!

Sarah Mullanix said...

awesome LO's!!