Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, December 26, 2010

This is what's it like to live in Colorado (Grace's Version)

Happy Sunday everyone. Hope you all had a great Christmas.
This was our first Christmas away from family so it was a bit strange not going to Lolo and Lola's and also Grandma and Grandpa Tolman's home. But we were blessed to have friends around us, they invited us to dinner and that was nice. As for gifts, I guess we were all good this year because Santa showered us with some great stuff. I'll share the photos of our Christmas morning soon but until then, let me share you what I think of Colorado so far.

I've been here about two weeks and here's what I think sets Colorado apart...

You can eat some great country style food like Fried apples, meatloaf (so yummy) and


and collard greens. We tried Cracker Barell for the first time a week ago and I was very happy with my meal. They even have a cute country store infront of the restaurant with all sorts of old style candies and some fun knick knacks. I scored a great decorative plate with a Christmas theme for $10. And the best part of it all.... they're only 1 mile away from our home.


Average temp for this week was around this much...

Cold, cold, cold!!!

Fog can be super thick that you can hardly see anything...

this was our view on the way to a friends house at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. When we got home that night (9pm) it was super duper thick that we were solely relying on our headlights. It was pitch black out there.

but there are also days where it's super clear and beautiful...

this is the day after the super fog day. We got frost due to the cold and moisture and seeing the trees white was so lovely. See the mountains in the background? Yeah that's our view every day. Isn't it gorgeous?


beautiful frost. Taken with my 55-200mm lens through one of our sky lights.


layering up with clothes and STILL be cold! On this particular day I had a tank top, long sleeves shirt, this little knitted cardigan and a thick jacket. I'm having a hard time being fashionable around here. I seem to gravitate to sweaters and jackets all the time. When can I wear my cute clothes again? LOL

and finally....my most favorite "only in Colorado" share....

Yes that's a fox that you see. Where is it you ask.....in our backyard! Marcus saw it first and I quickly ran to my room so I can grab my camera. I didn't have time to change lenses so I can only zoom up to this much but as you can see, he's as close to us as we would want him to be. The kids wanted to get out and be personal with Mr. Foxxy but I didn't think that was a good idea.

So that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: