Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, December 5, 2010

Acrylic Christmas Ornaments (Clear Scraps + Tombow project)

Did you catch all the great shares at the Clear Scraps blog this past week? Clear Scraps teamed up with Tombow adhesive and the DT's got to share some creative uses for both products. Here's what I made for the team up.

Christmas Ornaments

For this assignment I decided to go with the Holiday theme since it's right around the corner.
I used the acrylic Christmas ornament shapes from the Clear N Chip Believe pack of Clear scraps as my base. I layered it with pattern paper but decided to place the paper behind the shape instead of over it because I loved the sheer effect the acrylic adds to the project. I used Tombow's vellum adhesive with it and I could swear, you cannot see the adhesive through the acrylic piece, it's that clear. Amazing product!
To give the edges a finished look, I added liquid pearl around each shape. This technique also gave the ornaments it's shape emphasis.

It was pretty much "play" after that. I worked with one basic sketch for each ornament with one element going horizontal (ribbon, strip of paper, words) and a collage of items in a vertical manner (i.e. handcut shapes, bows, flowers, stickers). And then I finished it off with a green ribbon on top so I can easily decorate my Christmas tree with them. Here's the look of each acrylic piece....














The Tombow adhesives really made this project easy peezy! Make sure you check the blog for all the other inspiring projects made.
Happy Holidays everyone!
-Grace

Products used:
Clear N Chip Believe pack- Clear Scraps
Paper- Jovial, Basic Grey
Adhesives- (Vellum, dot adhesive and multi liquid glue) Tombow
Flowers and bling- Accent Creative Designs
Liquid pearl- Viva Decor
Trims and tools- own scrtapbook stash

No comments: