Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It's all about the organization

So i've been meaning to do this post for a long time now. In april, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed at all my kids' clothes in multiple boxes in our attic. I was telling my good friend Allison about my need to purge and organize but i'm afraid of letting go of everything bec. I don't know if I will have another baby or not. *Before I continue I just want to say that Mitch and I have decided NOT to have any more kids BUT since both of us haven't done anything permanently that is still a possibility.

Now that's out of the way, back to the kids clothes. I couldn't believe two kids can fill up about 5 big diaper boxes and a few more rubbermaid tubs.


Allison shared with me a great system that now I want to share to everybody. All of us needs some purging once in a while. Here's her system, she said to save 10 outfits for each age bracket. For example, 10 outfits for 3-6 months, 10 for 6-9 mos. and so on and so forth. Now since I have outfits for cold and hot weather, she made me pick 5 of each. Some other tips she mentioned was (1) pick clothes that are neutral in colors like denim and khaki which can be for both girl and boy; (2) for onesies pick 7, one for each day of the week; (3) for socks pick about 7-10 pairs; (4) for jackets and sweaters pick about two for each age bracket; and (5) the most important thing is throw away anything else that have stains, rips and are faded. They are not worth hanging into even if they have some sentimental value. Allison said with the ones that have really great meaning behind it, take a picture of them and scrapbook it. Cool huh!

Now I would totally testify to this system. It works! Why didn't I think about this before? I do not know but now that I've seen the light, I'm never gonna go back to any other system. I mean think about it, the less clothes you have, the more times your kid can actually wear them and they're not collecting dust in your ever changing kids' closets. And another thing, you wash clothes every week anyways so why not just have 7 of the underclothes and socks?

Spending about three hours going through all the boxes of kids clothes was a little overwhelming but once I was able to sort them out and gotten rid of all the ones that have stains, rips and are faded ( I didn't even realized I was hanging to a lot of these) it was smooth sailing from then on.

After folding all the clothes, they looked so much better.

And after all the hardwork of organizing, purging and inspecting.....tada!!!! here's the result...... one big rubbermaid tub and one diaper box. Now isn't that worth bloggin about.

Oh I got to tell you, I was able to put clothes for BOTH boy and girl from 0-4T in those two boxes. Preeettttyyyy cool!!!



Have a great day!

No comments: