Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, June 7, 2019

"Summer Fave" (June Flavors of the Month Kit from The ScrapRoom kit club)

Hello friends. Do you have a favorite scrapbook challenge? Mine would have to be the Freaky Fast Friday from The ScrapRoom kit club. I liked how you can create a layout with just a handful of papers. Sometimes they work out for me, and sometimes it takes a while for me to create a layout with such strict parameters. With this month's layout, I rebeled a little and changed the measurements a little. 

Products used: Echo Park “Summer Ever” + Embellishment kit
Stash items used: Distress mini ink pad; Date stamp (Studio Calico); Ink (Distress mini ink pad, Hybrid Ink My Favorite Things);
Notes:
This is my take on this month’s Freaky Fast Friday challenge. I deviated a little bit and cut the 2x12” paper into 4 ½” strips to make the border on my page. I think that goes against the rules somehow, but I like to live a little so I will be a rebel this month. If you’ve followed me for a while, you know that my eye always looks for a border around my pages and that specific paper just seemed to fit the bill. 
I then added the rest of the paper blocks on the center to create a center design. I also turned the squares into diamonds for a different look. With those diamond papers, I added my stickers, creating a visual triangle on my page. 
These photos are of my youngest kid’s first swim in a pool. I like how the colors of the paper (being non watery themed) made the blue in my photos stand out. I also loved the stickers in the 12x12 sticker sheet, they were the perfect addition to complete my page.

Here's the process video for this page....

Here are some close ups of the layout too....



Till next time,
Grace

No comments: