Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, May 24, 2016

"Sky Sox Ball Game" layout

Happy Tuesday my crafty friends. I've been busy scrapbooking some past events lately. Much as I like to document the "story" or the everyday moments, I have to admit that the bulk of my scrapbooks are filled with event based documentation. Are you in the same boat as I am, or is my style of scrapping dying? Leave me a comment, I am really interested as to how everyone else around me document their lives. 
Anyways, this latest page was inspired by a sketch at the ScrapRoom Monthly kit club for their Guest Designer challenge. I love sketches and this one, being a double page spread, was a no brainer to try. 

I initially had these photos on a collage to they are all printed in weird sizes (not your average 4x6 or 3x4). I wanted to seperate them to match the sketch a little better. I love how the shot of the baseball game was the biggest photo, making it easy to tell what the page is all about. 

If you've seen my layouts before, you know that I suck at creating titles. My title page on this layout was no different. I'm telling you, I'm so bad at it! At least it gets the point across. :)

I used two 3x4 cut apart piece from a 12x12 paper of Bella Blvd. The first one was this "hello summer" one and the other is the orange star on the right side of the page.

I pulled out the journaling from a blog post I wrote about this event (thank goodness for blogging) and printed that off on white cardstock. I'm really grateful that I was consistent in blogging up to about 2 years ago. At least I have all of the stories up to that point currently journaled. It's easy to pull up the story when I'm ready to scrap the pictures.

I added some phrase stickers and chipboard hearts, plus some epoxy plus signs as my embellishments on this page.

Thanks again for stopping by. I hope you have a crafty day.

Till next time,
Grace

2 comments:

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Awesome layout! Thanks for playing along with us at The ScrapRoom!

Scrap Our Stash said...

What a fun layout and great take on the sketch! Thank you so much for participating in our challenge at The ScrapRoom!