Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, February 12, 2015

Paper strip idea #1- Our Little Picasso layout

Hi there friends. Today I'm sharing a layout that is the first layout of a three part series share that I'm going to try out on the blog. I would like to share ideas on how to use your scrapbook supplies and I will give you three ways to use it. Kinda like in fashion where you see a piece of clothing that can be dressed up in three different ways. I hope you will like this new theme/idea that I will trying out every month. Make sure you subscribe to this blog and/or to my You Tube channel (links on the right side bar) to be informed as new posts come up. 

This page is also based off of this sketch from Sketch N Scrap....

Here's my layout...
The idea that I would like to first share with you are three ways to use paper strips on your layouts. The first idea would be to use them as skinny strips, weaved together. 

Here's a video on how I created my weaved background accent...




And here are some more close ups...
I used two different types of letter stickers for my title and added some arrow stickers to point to the photo.

I also added some stickers, die cut tabs and flairs for my accents.


Because this is about my son's artwork, I wanted to add some artistic designs on the page. I used an old round container, added paint on the rim/edge of the container and then stamped that on the page. 

Thank you for joining me today and I hope you stop tomorrow for the next installment of my paper strip idea blog post. 

Till next time,
Grace


10 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

Love all the strips! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Marie-Christine Denis Mixed Média said...

Beautiful layout, thanks to joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Kelly said...

What an amazing take on the sketch! LOVE all the strips and great video to share too! Congrats to your son also! Thanks for playing along with Sketch N Scrap! :)

M said...

LOVE your layout! Fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

Kerry said...

Love your fun and colourful layout! Such fab embellishing and stamping. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Golden Goddess Designs said...

I love all the details! All the strips, the blue circles, everything works so well together! Thanks for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap

Alicia

theoldesaltbox said...

Love love love the weaving! Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

Unknown said...

Love, Love your layout! It is so colorful! I love how you used the sketch!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!

Unknown said...

This is a terrific take on the sketch, wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Wendy said...

Love the paper weaving! Your details are fun too! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!