Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Some layout shares...

Today is my son's birthday. I can't believe he's 10 now. It seemed like it was just yesterday when, after two hours of pushing, he came out of this world. I have learned so much about myself and the beauty of selfless love through him. Happy Birthday Mr. Marcus!

One of the many opportunities I discovered through having children is my passion for memory keeping. Marcus was nine months old when I attended a scrapbook class at my local church. The nice lady that taught it showed me the basic and from then on, I caught the bug. Here are couple of layouts I created, just for fun. 

Atlantis Playground
There's this awesome park back in Southern California that we loved to go to. It's interesting how this park has been around for a long time. My husband even remembered playing in the big dragon slide. These photos were taken way back in 2010. 

I decided to use some fun, happy colors in this page so I can evoke the feelings of joy and excitement, my children had during this trip. 

I added some handmade buttons using Epiphany Crafts button tool and buttons. 

Beginnings of a Book Worm
These photos were taken back in 2011 when my son was a 2nd grader. His class/grade participated in a reading program where they got a belt, similar to a karate belt, every time they read a certain amount of books. My son quickly caught the reading bug after this program. 

I decided to add some texture to the punched out tags by running them through my embossing machine with a star embossing folder. I then inked the top edges to show some color and finally, I punched out a star in the center and then added pattern paper under the tag.


I found this strip of books from a GCD Studios paper and I thought it worked perfectly with my layout theme. 

So there you have it. Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: