Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, June 18, 2013

She is a true princess (Maddie's recital)

Tuesday, the second day of the week. How's yours coming along? Hope it's turning out to be inspiring. 
As for me, I'm pretty close to a headless chicken running around. Because I try to organize my life, I'm not there yet, but I'm almost there. I got a ton of things going on this week and I'm not going to bore you with it. What I am going to share is our family's first experience with recitals. 

In January, we signed up Maddie for the Colorado Springs Singers Company. It was being run by a good friend of mine and I liked the concept of the Singers group. They promote fun and "drama" less dance and singing company. These girls work on their songs and dances for a few months culminating to a recital at the end of the season. There is no competitions, just girls having fun and gaining confidence while singing and dancing their hearts out. Fun stuff! More info can be found here

Anyways, Maddie's group had their recital about two weeks ago. They performed twice. Once for a senior home and the other performance was held at a church where friends and family were invited. 

Here are some photos capturing that event...




Maddie's group worked on songs and dances with the theme of "true princess". They did cute upbeat music and some ballads including the song in Mulan, "Reflections". I didn't get much pictures of the recitals as I was doing videos as well. One of these days, I'll share them, but for now you'll have to be happy with picture share (no time for video edits and things like that)

and here's Maddie with her dance/singing teacher, Ms. Lachelle. 

It was definitely a neat experience. My daughter was given opportunities to break out of her shell and gain much needed confidence. Right after the final recital, Maddie asked me when Singers group starts up again. You can tell this was a good experience for her cause she's already asking for the next round. 

Fun stuff. What about you? What fun recital memories do you cherish?

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: