Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love card + how to

Happy Valentine's Everyone! So glad you can come peek at the blog in this fine "love" day. I am off to attend my kid's valentine parties and share this happy holiday with everyone I will come across today but first, let me share with you a card that I had made. It was initially for an assignment but decided to go with another idea to submit after the this card was done. But I dont' like "wasting" anything so I kept the photos and you, my lovely blog readers, get to see the project along with the step by step photo first!

Love Card
I made this card extra humungous sizing at 6x6". I've never done a card this huge before but I felt like if my hubby is "just" getting a card for Valentine's day, it should at least be the biggest one he gets! right?
I did a lot of layering in this card. Plus I got to use these fun heart shaped buttons from Epiphany Crafts. Love it when I get to use up things I've been hoarding for a while.

So here's the low down on this project...

Supplies Used:
Cardstock- WorldWin (white)
Pattern paper- Promise Me 6x6 pad, SEI
Textured cardstock- Jenni Bowlin Design, Core'dinations
Ribbon- Hobby Lobby
Stickers- My Little Shoebox
Chipboard flower- Happy Go Lucky, Pebbles
Baker's twine- Maraschino, Twinery
Heart buttons- Epiphany Crafts
Scallop border punch- Creative Memories
Photo Corners- Recollections
Adhesives- High Tac, U cut it foam, Extreme mini squares, Extreme Squares- Glue Arts

Instructions:
1. Make the card (6x6) out of white cardstock.

2. Cut out the "love" bingo card out of textured cardstock.

3, Sand the cardstock to reveal the numbers.

4. Add a punched border to one edge of a pattern paper.

5. Measure the pattern paper with the scallop edge 1/8 smaller than the card base. Adhere that along with the bingo card to the card base. Add a striped pattern paper on the right edge as well.

6. Cut a piece of ribbon to 6" length. Adhere to the bottom of the card. Measure the inside width of the ribbon and cut a piece of pattern paper to cover the inside and adhere.

7. Make a bow from ribbon and adhere to the right edge of the ribbon strip using extreme square adhesive.

8. Add the chipboard flower accent to the center of the bow.

9. Add the stickers to the card using foam adhesive.


10. Make your own heart buttons with pattern paper and Epiphany Crafts' heart buttons. Make three buttons.

11. Thread baker's twine through the buttons.

12. Add some more foam adhesive to the back and adhere to three spots on the card. Note: I took off the green button from the chipboard flower and replaced that with one of the heart buttons to match my theme.

13. I felt like the angled love bingo card piece was 'floating' on the card so I grounded the look by adding photo corners to the top of it.

So there you have it. I hope this card inspired you in one way or another. Happy Valentine's Day everyone. :)

till next time,
Grace

No comments: