Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Some layouts

how do you feel about Wednesdays? For me it's the reminder that the week is halfway done and that if I'm not planning my weekend by now, I need to get crackin' on it, pronto!

Well today (besides thinking about my weekend plans, LOL) I wanted to share with you some layouts I did recently. I think crafting at anytime of the week is great, with or without any fun activitites planned for the weekend. *wink*

A Birthday Tradition

this first two layouts that I'm sharing today are about birthdays since July is mine and my son's birthday month. We love how baskin robbins offer free scoops of ice cream on your birthday. You need to sign up for their email blasts though but I think it's worth it. My kid know that when July comes, we will be visiting BR soon. These are photos from last years visit. I always give my ice cream scoop to Maddie. Her "i love this ice cream" smile is good enough gift for me. I used some Confetti papers from Ameicran crafts here to bring out the fun celebration theme.

My 30th
-pulled out for publication-

another fun thing we did last year was to go to Denny's for breakfast. They offer you a free meal on your birthday. I'm all about free and birthdays are the perfect day to avail of so many fun things. To make my title stand out against the background, I used a piece of vellum behind the title. I also added some texture to this layout by scrunching the paper circles cut out from a Hello Sunshine paper from American Crafts before adhering them with Confetti brads.

A New Kitchen

For some reason double page spreads have been a thing of the past in the scrapbooking words. You don't see it much in the magazines. But not for me, I still love how the bigger canvas provides me with lots of room for photos, stories and sprinkling of embellishments here and there. With this page, I actually used an old technique of making a panoramic view with the photos. I took section shots of my newly remodeled kitchen (this was in the California house) and then layed them together where the seams from each photo meet the next to make it look line one complete shot. I also placed enough room to talk extensively about the remodeling process and what this new kitchen brought us. I used some Bobunny papers plus flowers and letter stickers from American Crafts.

Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: