Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Sweetness of Cake Making

I love it when it's only the 7th day of the month and I'm done with all of my design team assignments. It's such a relief and the fact that I have all the rest of this month to "play" just gets me all excited and giddy.

So one of the things I did to start playing was to be inspired by the latest Pagemaps blog sketch and here's what I made....

The Sweetness of Cake Making

the sponsor for this challenge was My Little Shoebox. Now we don't have to use their products BUT I have accumulated a good amount of their papers and so it was the best time to put them to use in this layout, don't you think?
These are photos of my little "cake making/fondant making" lesson I had last year. You can read my post about it in here. I used mostly pinks and yellow in this layout since that's the main colors of my cake. I also added some blues, greens and a bit of orange and black to add some more pop to the page.


I decided to add some dots of Pearl pen from Viva Decor (love those stuff!) around the blue paper, mimicking the circles on the bottom portion of my cake. I also sprayed glimmer mist on the flowers and heart die cut, just because I wanted them to "shine" in this page. :)



my title with a combo color of orange and black. The orange ones are from MLS and the black chipboards are from Basic Grey.



I'm addicted to texture and dimension. In this page, I used some U Cut it foam from Glue Arts to raise my die cut shapes and flowers. I also added a ribbon in there for more texture.


Thanks for stopping by.


Till next time,

Grace

1 comment:

Becky said...

Very cute!!! I have always loved your scrapbook designs, but I am particularly partial to this one! ;-) Great job.