Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, December 18, 2009

December Crazy daisy layouts *photo heavy*

I feel so ashamed that I'm just now posting my projects with the December kit. This month as been crrrraaaazzyyyy for me but luckily I was able to sit down yesterday in my scrap area and play with my December Crazy Daisy kit goodies. It was a fun kit to play with, lots of festive projects that will sure bring the excitement and joy of the season to any of your holiday projects. Here's what I made so far.........

1. Christmas baking

The kit definitely helped me feel the "festive" appeal of the season with its bright and fun colors and products. This page was brought by that inspiration.

I used a lot of the products in the kit here like the papers, Prima letter stickers, flower, brad, the fun Kaiser scrapbook rubons and the stamp set.

I used the rubons to create my visual triangle. I love the ease to transfer of these rubons.

2. Light show

Continuing my goal to show you that the products in this kit can absolutely work with double page spread, here's mine for this month. I love that the papers are double sided and provides lots of ways to add them to the layouts.
Since my pictures were on the dark side, I used a white background and kept the pattern papers to simple designs so they don't overpower the pictures.

I used the Kaiser rubons to hold my journaling and played around with my stitching as well combining the zigzag and regular straight stitch.

I also created a cluster of embellishments on the right corner of the two page spread to add some interest.

3. Santa and Me

This page is about my daughter's preschool party last year. I love that this kit contained so much products and inspiration that I was able to dive into a lot of my last year's Holiday pictures and get a lot of them scrapped.

The Santa ribbon was perfect for this page.

I also used the ornament glitter stickers to emphasize the theme.

4. Trimming the tree

This one was inspired by the big ornament design on one of the Making Memories Mistletoe papers.

I cut them out and used them as accents on the page. I also loved the Christmas tree ribbon which I used as a border here.


5. Splish Splash

Who said that you can't use a Christmas kit for a summer page? Well I sure didn't listen. LOL.

I was inspired by the green scalloped paper, I cut the inside part and used the outside as a frame for my pictures and papers. It was a little challenge to get the pictures on there and trim the edges but with a few tricks with the adhesive, I was able to get them to stick together seamlessly.

I added a cluster of embellishments on the top corner so the eye can go all the way around the page.

So there you have it, if you have not checked out the kit, check them out here.

Thank you for looking

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: