Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, January 25, 2009

misting away.....

I finally tried a new technique. It's been a long time since I went out of my "box" and tried something new. I've heard about glimmer mists for a while now and have been in awe of all those projects that are made using it but really have never had the interest to try it for myself until now......

This challenge blog got me all intrigued. I love the samples the DT's made and decided I'd jump right in and give it a try.

First, I had to buy the product. (embarrassed red here) I do not have that item in my stash and now after trying out one color, I wanna collect them all. I got mine from this company.

I got the copper one since it looked like it was the most popular one. You know how I've come up with that conclusion? it was the last bottle on the shelf. hahahahahaha!

So I got home and tested it. Word of warning- it's pretty messy. If you spray it on your project, you have to spray a little far from your project so it wont be blotchy. Therefore the mist gets to a lot of things. After that incident, I decided to mist away inside an empty box. This way, the mist/mess is contained in the box.

Ok so onto my project....

Flawless by nature



I used the mist as a mask here. I punched out a few 2" square scraps, laid them onto white cardstock with a grid design in between each one. You can adhere the blocks with repositionable tape but since I didn't have that I just laid them on and it was fine. Then I sprayed away, making sure I was getting enough mist in between the blocks to show that grid design. Then I let it dry overnight.


I also cut out this vine flower design from that wonderful machine I call the Cricut *wink* using the home decor cartridge. I cut it out from a purple cardstock and felt that it needed to have the glimmer mist on it as well so I sprayed some of it on there too. It's a good thing cause it matched the theme better than if it wasn't sprayed with the mist. After it dried, I added some paper flowers from Petaloo.


Made the block title using some fun things cut out from the cricut again (frame block and Nature word)


I'm inlove with these ticket stubs from Creative Cafe. They're so much fun!


So there you have it. My first experience with glimmer mist was great and you can bet that this won't be the last time I try this technique.

Till next time,
Grace

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Turned out beautifully. Great picture, too.

Anne P said...

It was my first time too, and I just LOVED it as well and want to collect some different colours.

Rochelle Spears said...

YAY!! You're into Glimmer Mist now!! :) Can't wait to see your other projects.