Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm a challenged kinda girl....

I don't mean in a physical handicapped kinda way! I just LOVE scrapbook challenges! I like that an outside influence can determine the next project that I'd be making. Here's some of the finished layouts that I made for specific challenges. I'm adding a link for each challenge, just in case you are in need of some inspirations, you can join in too! *smile*

Scrap Schemes
I found out about this great blog from Scrapbook.com message board. I love that they give you a non scrapbook item to be inspired from. I used the curtain inspiration for this layout.

Family Movie Night


I was inspired by the elegant feel of the curtain and used the 5th avenue line from Making Memories for this page.


Scenic Route
There monthly challenge for this month was a free for all, meaning you can use whatever lines from that manufacturer you want for your page. I jumped in the game cause I really wanted to use up the great Sonoma line. I love the colors of that line.

Superbowl Sunday


Love that the papers are double sided too. I torn the edges of some of the papers and the pattern from the other side added a great little touch to the torn part.



Journaling:

Sunday plans were that we were to go Dana’s ward for his baby's blessing then off to his house to eat and watch the big game. We did all that except watch the game there. Mitch and I had to bring Maddie home early because she wasn't feeling good. Our poor baby had been running a fever, throwing up and had a bad case of the cold. The other kids wanted to play with their cousins so Grandma and Grandpa took them home later that night.

Here are some pictures of what our "quiet" Sunday night looked like- TV on, a sick baby underneath a thick blanket with a "puke" bowl right close to her, some experimented mixture of snacks, Daddy doing some bill paying and Mommy sneaking in some pictures

SCS Stash challenge.
Every month Kristi of SCS hosts a challenge where the focus is to use products that we already have in our "stash". This months products were:
Stamped Image
rub-ons
transparency (no specific size)
paint
any type of hand punch
1 piece of solid cardstock (use at least 1 12x12 piece)
alphabet stickers
felt or fabricand

I used- felt, alpha stickers, transparency, paint and a hand punch.

The cost of love


I used an alpha sticker as a mask to make my dollar sign.


Journaling:

We didn't do anything to celebrate on Valentine’s Day. Our expedition was having problems and Mitch spent all day fixing it. When he got home he apologized that he didn't have time to buy me flowers. I didn't really expect it; all I wanted him to do was fix my car. :) But then the following day he surprised me with a dozen of roses. What a sweet guy. The funny thing was that he was so proud of himself that he got the flowers for a bargain. Since it's the day after the hearts day, the flowers were half off! You might think he shouldn't have told me that, but I thought that was the best part of it all.


So there you have it..... Have a great weekend.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: