Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gratitude challenge- rak winners announced

so first off, this is a challenge that unfortunately I haven't finished myself but will definitely check off soon!
also I wanna say thank you, salamat, gracias, merci and arigato to everybody that participated in my little challenge. I hope you got something out of the exercises that will change the way you look at life and the beauty of gratefulness.
so onto the rak winners......

Exercise #1


Blogger honugurl16 said...

What a great post. I have to say, that I think my kids are pretty good about showing gratitude. This Halloween, for example, they brought home a ton of candy from school. My son, a first grader, actually said, "Mom, we don't have to go trick-or-treating tonight. We have enough candy." We ended up taking them to the mall to trick-or-treat, and after trick-or-treating on only the top floor, they called it a night. They said they didn't need anymore candy and they were grateful for what they had.

We talk about gratitude a lot in our family. My husband always thanks me for cooking, and as a result, the kids do. It's become a habit for them to thank me for cooking. And they do it earnestly, not because it's expected. I think that this is truly because of good modeling on my husband's part. It always feels good to be appreciated.

November 5, 2008 10:08 PM

Exercise #2


Blogger hannie said...

I read ur post yesterday and told myself I must give this a try on my two boys, but that also means on myself as setting a role model for them. Thought it would be easy but it turns out that it was so hard, I guess I'm not really a good role model to them sometimes :D

November 3, 2008 5:41 PM

Exercise #3

Blogger jennmom2000 said...

We do this every night (well almost every) after the dinner blessing on the food as we start to eat. Its great and my kids love sharing what they are thankful for that day. I try to remind them that they can include these things in their prayers.

November 5, 2008 2:55 PM

Exercise #4


Blogger jennmom2000 said...

I am writing thank yous to my primary teachers for all their hard work in the program. Ours was last week and they really did a lot for it.

November 12, 2008 11:41 PM

Exercise #5


Blogger Leisha said...

How cute I need to go back and do the first few. I have decided to do the twelve days before Thankgiving and do things for me family each day. This year we are actually going to stay home, it will be nice. I hope that you are enjoying your holidays! And great job on all of the work that you and others did with proposition 8!

November 12, 2008 8:55 PM

Please email me your mailing addresses so I can send your goodies before thanksgiving (which is next week, aaaahhh!)

Congrats to all,
Grace

1 comment:

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

I'm so excited. Thank you. I can't figure out how to email you with my address.