Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, November 16, 2008

Coconut Scrapshop November kit...

Jen of Coconut Scrapshop always scours (sp?) the scrapbooking world for the latest and greatest and this month's kit is no exception. She was able to get some of these really cool and newly released papers from Autumn Leaves, designed by the great Rhonna Farrer called Urban Junque. They have some really awesome artwork in it and most of them have foiled parts. Totally, jaw- dropping type of cool, you have to see it to believe it!

But the fun never stops there, this kit also included some coordinating bazzill cardstocks, velvet ricrac, flowers, felt bird and handmade journaling blocks and my fave alpha stickers- Thickers from American Crafts!

So here's what I did with the kit.......

Our Eggs
-PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION-

The papers were really hard to cut apart cause of the beauty of them all, but with some hesitation I cut some squares of four of the patterned papers and used them on this page.



I added more dimension to my title by putting one of the "g" on top of the other letters.



I made my own diamond stamp background by putting some of my old felt square letters on top of each other (I used four) and used that as my foam stamp. I was very proud of myself for being ingenius and getting some use of my old stuff.

Bring in the color



I love that Jen picked just the right color cardstocks to match with the pattern papers. It took out some stress for me.



I actually used the Carolee's Creations letter stickers that came in the September CCS kit as part of my title here. I thought the colors of the stickers were the perfect one to use to emphasize my title and story.



I added some corrugated cardboard as my eggs. I hand drew then, cut it out and painted them different colors then adhered them with foam adhesive.



Bec. the layout is all about bringing colors to the plain white eggs, I also brought some color to the plain white thickers with pen markers. It was a fast and easy way to get the job done. Again I added more texture to the title by adhering some over the other letters and another with foam adhesive.

Easter Rolls


This layout was about the Easter rolls I made for Easter breakfast and what this new tradition means and how it will hopefully change the meaning of this holiday to my children. Basically the rolls (a recipe I got from my friend Becky) symbolizes the tomb where Jesus laid on Sunday morning. The roll looks the same outside but when you open it up, it's hollow. Empty just like the tomb and the roll being a sweet bread also symbolizes the sweetness of His ultimate gift to us.



I also added a MM Noteworthy page for my journaling, American crafts rubons as part of my title, brads from my stash and stickles. I felt that they just finished off the page very well.



Bec. the story is very much about the Pure love of Christ, I made my own clear flower embellishments with scotch tape. I just put five together, put a little flower over it and secured them with a brad.


Stickles also made the patterns on the background paper come alive.

Thinking of You Card


Here I used the pattern paper and the fun felt bird in the kit. Added from my stash was the sentiment sticker, cardstock and lace cardstock.

Princess Memories minibook



I made this mini album of my daughter's Princess themed birthday bash from a CD Case that I got on clearance at Walmart for a buck! When I got the case, I also got some cute princess chipboard shapes in the same clearance bin. I love that eventhough I bought the case and chipboards a while back, they matched perfectly with the papers in the kit.





Bec. it's a CD case, I made my inside pages circles too.





Thank you for looking and check out the kit here.

Have a great day,
Grace

3 comments:

Hannie C said...

Love those pages.
What a great idea in using CD case as an album! Do you slot those pages in or adhere on top of each slot?
TFS.

leisha said...

I love everything on this post, you are amazing!~ I wish I could come scrapbook with you for a day!

Allison said...

You're so talented!! Again, beautiful projects! :)