Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Saturday, November 17, 2007

wanna hear my C-R-A-Z-Y week........

Ok so I'm coming in here to take a little breather.

My week has just been insanely busy. Here's the run down..

Monday- there where no school for the kids but Amanda had work and it's my chore day so got the house cleaned in the morning then off to the grocery store with one kid that needed a nap really bad and another one who just won't sit in the cart anymore.

Tuesday- preshool for us and doing some prep work for my scrapbook class on friday night

Wednesday- spent the morning going to some craft stores to get some more stuff for the class and my christmas cards. Can you believe that inspite my crazy week, I still manage to make my cards.Oh and I took the kids to the park too.
Tonight I had my first shift at Charlotte and didn't get home till 11:30 pm. Mitch was watching the movie "the Departed" and that didn't get done till close to 1 am so needless to say I didn't get enough sleep tonight.

Thursday- drove down to Laguna Niguel to have a playdate with my sister in law and her kids. We usually have school today but they're going on a field trip so I decided to do something else. The kids and I had fun. They played with their cousins while I chatted with Lori while playing with her enormous stash of stampin up products. Thanks Lori. :)

Friday- In the morning I went to costco to buy the pizzas and ice cream for Saturday's primary activity then off to the library to get a new batch of books to read and videos to watch for the kids. Got Franklin the turtle for Maddie and Sonic cartoon for Marcus. I got some photography books as well. Hey gotta love the poor man's way of reading. Free!!!
Then tonight I had my scrapbook 101 workshop. I blogged about this at scrapbook.com but I wanted to share it with you guys as well so here's what I wrote in that post.....
---------------------------
if you learn, teach........
Saturday, 17 November 2007
Wise words I read somewhere…….

These words have never been so true for me until last night. I had my 101 scrapbook workshop at my lss and it turned out FANTASTIC! There were four ladies that signed up for my class and the vibe I felt through out the lecture part was just awesome. They were so open minded and the fact that they were willing to try the *way* I see this hobby just pumps me up.

It’s inspiring to see four strangers come together and at the end of the session feel so connected to one another that they’re willing to show off each other’s family pictures to one another as if they’re friends or family. How cool is that instant bond!

My proudest moment would have to be at the end when they would be quoting me on certain things that I’ve said in the lecture and you would see in their eyes that what I said made sense to them. I was talking about making layouts that are not necessarily events or special occasion based but tells their story. I was like a proud mama watching her little birds fly for the first time. Seriously it’s a great feeling.
------------------------------------
Saturday- this morning we had our final rehearsal for our primary sacrament program tomorrow. After a couple of run throughs we had our annual pizza and ice cream party. The kids always looks forward to that.
Then tonight were going to a friend's kids' party at Chuck E Cheese. It's not gonna be that fun since it's a saturday night but I'm sure my kids will enjoy themselves, packed house and all.

Then tomorrow...... Sunday......get this I have to do the following.....
10 am- ward leadership meeting
11:30- primary sacrament program
1:20- do sharing time lesson
2:30- meeting with the christmas party committee
4:30- meeting with the bishop regarding tithing settlement
5:00- one of our primary boy is having a baptism.

So in short I need to have a heavy breakfast cause I won't be eating till 6 pm and wear comfortable clothes cause I will be in it all day.

Wheeeewwwww! But there's light at the end of the tunnel here..... glad I'm not hosting any thanksgiving feast at my home this year. That would make me one luny lady by the end of the month. LOL!

Hopefully next week will be less stressful and I can post some pictures of my christmas cards. It's turning out cute.

Have a great weekend everyone,
Grace

1 comment:

Hannie C said...

Grace,
nice to read your blog and nice to know that you love scrapbooking. I got ur blog link from scrapbook.com.
I've just tagged you, please read about it on my blog (fonmee.blogspot.com)