Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, November 12, 2007

Field trip stories and more.....

Ok so on Friday our preschool had a field trip down in Long Beach at the Aquarium of the Pacific. I've been there before (a long time ago) but my kids haven't and with the great deal that the school offered, we couldn't pass it up. And when we thought it couldn't get any better, we got to ride in a school bus!!!
Marcus was so excited riding the yellow bus. He was unusually calm all the way to and from the aquarium and Maddie was the opposite. She couldn't sit still. Here they are looking out. After going through my pics, I'm kicking myself a little for not taking a pic of the bus from the outside. Hay, with two kids and a bunch of stuff to haul I guess I can't do everything.

The weather was a little cloudy in the morning and I might've not made the settings right on my camera cause the pics were not as clear as they should be. Oh well.

The kids loved walking around and exploring all the different sea creatures they had. I have to say I was amazed at how Marcus was so unafraid to touch the sting rays and sharks they had out to pet. If it was up to him, he would stay by those pools and play with the animals the whole time. On the flip side Maddie refused to even put her hand inside the waters. But she did enjoy watching the sea lions do their tricks.

And while we were playing around at the Aquarium, Mitch was going through some minor surgery for his ankle. Last year, he somewhat injured his ankle that caused it to tear inside and swell up with fluids. He got the fluids sucked out last year but recently it came back again. So the Podiatrist suggested he go through an operation where they will go in there and fix the tear. It was an outpatient surgery and right now he's recovering very well. He's in good spirits. Too good that he's not taking it easy, I think! Everbody at church had to take a second look at him yesterday while he was walking in the chapel. By the end of our church meetings I asked him if people asked him about his condition and he said that at the end there, he was getting tired of having to explain what happened to him so he just told them that I beat him up!!! Yea right!!!


So that's it for me right now. I have a loaded week so I will catch you guys later.

Have a great day,
Grace

No comments: