Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, September 7, 2016

"Love Every Piece of You" layout

Hello again dear friends. Today I'm sharing another baby page and this one was inspired by the latest sketch over at Stuck?! blog. Oh and make sure to check out their blog this month. They are celebrating an anniversary and promises to have some extra fun surprises (with awesome sponsors) this month. I know I will be checking often. ;)


I love, love, love this photo. My scrapbook philosophy has always been that most stories cannot be told by just one photo. However, there are also some photographs that require their very own page, because these images just melts my heart and no other "companion" photo can help with the story. 

The picture in this page is an example of that. When I got this print back, I stared at it for a good 2 minutes. I just love how I was able to capture my baby (which is now 2 years old) at this age. I don't want to say that I miss that stage because I love watching him grow up, but I do miss his sweet face when he was a baby. 

Anyways, I used a bunch of scraps of paper for this page. I cut out the "love" title from my cameo machine using a free calligraphy font from dafont.com.

I also used a "new to me" stitched rectangle nested die from Memory box for the journaling blocks as well as the two big blocks peeking behind my photo.

I also stamped some hearts from an Amy Tangerine stamp set as my embellishment. I wanted this page to feel complete but without too much "stuff" in it so that the photo can stand out and "shine".

So there you have it.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you swing by again.

Till next time,
Grace

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my! Love the primary colours and everything about your page
Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches! - we're celebrating all month!

Laura Creates said...

This is so sweet, love the use of the bright colours! Thank you for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Aurelie said...

Love those bright doilies! And the handwritten journalling - LOVE IT! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!