Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, September 19, 2016

"Crazy Kid!" layout

Hello friends. Sorry I've been a bit MIA on this blog. School started up again for me and I'm still trying to get used to a new, more rigid schedule. 

But one thing I do know...I cannot turn my back on scrapbooking. It's my creative outlet and we all need that something that calms us down. 

The following page was inspired by the latest sketch from GrandDiva's Creative Corner...

As well as the September This and That challenge from Rochelle Spears' blog...

This page would make the best sense once you read the journaling and it goes...
"February 2, 2016. Sometimes I forget how much danger a little guy like you can get into. This morning, while I was working out, you decided to go into the laundry room and climb up on our little pantry shelf in the corner. You had climbed all the way up to the top shelf and managed to pull down my bag of Sushi rice. Of course in the minutes that followed, I had to stop by workout video, pick up whatever else you dropped and cleaned up the spill. You might wonder where you were during the disaster clean up period. Well I banished you in the pack and play and tuned out your cries. Oh my dear son, I don’t know if you’ll ever remember moments like this but I want you to know that despite my anger at that time and the damage you made, I still love you. Just don’t waste expensive Sushi rice again, please! Love, Mom."
This was one of those mornings! 
I deviated a  little bit from the sketch since I only had one photo and I didn't want to turn it into a circle shape. I also had to move the big banner piece cause I did not want to cover the camera and word section in my grid paper background. 

I trimmed a 3x4 pocket card and used that as my title. I did add some circles to the page but used it as visual triangle instead.

I used some enamel hearts and arrows from My Mind's Eye for this page. I also added brackets to my journaling to add emphasis to it.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a crafty day.

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Awesome page and great job with the challenges! Thank you for playing along with the Scrappy Friends Challenges!