Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, December 28, 2014

Not So Happy Holidays layout *Inspired By Stamping*

Hello my crafty friends. We all have favorite holiday stories. Some funny, others heartwarming and there are a few that we use to bribe our kids in the future. The story I documented in this layout can be put in all of those categories. 

Not so happy holidays
When my daughter was little, she was super excited about Christmas. At three years old, she had grasped the idea of a special day where we open presents, presents that we had wished for. Well the one thing that she wasn't too keen about was the idea of Santa. The photo I used in this layout was of her clinging very tightly on my shirt while we talked with Santa Claus during a church Christmas party. I can still remember her hesitation while we were in line to meet the big fella. 

For this page, I used the Christmas tree, snowflake and deer images from the Build a Stocking Stamp set of Inspired By Stamping. I wanted my Christmas tree to have more depth to them so I heat embossed them with green powder.

I added a few snowflakes on the empty parts of my layout, just to give it more design.

I also did a lot of sticker and paper layering, something I'm enjoying a lot lately. Plus it lets me use up a lot of my stash.

So there you have it. Thank you for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: