I am always on a hunt to find treasures in the clearance bin of my local craft store. At one certain visit I found some place card holder frames that went down to 99 cents. I didn’t know (at that time) what I will make with them but I couldn’t pass them up.
Fast forward to this week, I was looking at a certain wall in my home and found it to be lonely and bare. The thought of hanging up a saying on it came to mind and I knew that the frames and some gold wired ribbon from Ribbon’s Unlimited will brighten up that spot.
Here’s how I created my home décor project….
1. First, I grabbed my frames and the ribbon. I then went through my stash to find papers and letters that would fit the frame and also match with all the colors that I’m going to use.
2. Next, I took of the easel back of the frames. I wouldn’t need it since I’m adhering them onto the ribbon. That was an extra bulk that I didn’t need. Luckily I was able to easily take it off.
3. Third, I measured the inside of the frame and cut out my papers according to the size. I then adhered them onto the inside cardboard of the frame, added the plastic on the front and slipped them back into the frames. *I initially used the green floral paper but after trying to place the letters on top of it, I realized that the pattern on the paper clashed with my letters. So I changed it with the star paper instead.
4. Then I added my letters over the plastic cover of my frames.
5. Using a glue gun, I adhered the frames onto the ribbon. I added a ring on top of the ribbon so it can easily be hung anywhere. I added a bow from the same wired ribbon on the top.
6. I added a velvet flower on the center of the bow for a finished look.
Here’s another look at the finished project and some more detailed shots…
Thank you for joining me today.
#274 Luxor(Wired) Gold, 1 ½”,Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
Frame- place card holder, Celebrate it
Pattern papers- 6x6 Party Day, Crate Paper
Letter stickers- Thickers, American Crafts
Flower- Maya Road