Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, July 5, 2010

Today's order of business

Let me tell you guys how sincerely grateful I am for each and everyone of you out there that takes a few minutes of their time to read my blog AND to be so concerned as to send me some great positive vibes. I cannot ask for more wonderful "blog" friends.

So let me tell you a little bit of a background on my previous post. As most of you know, my husband's family business closed in April. After that my husband and I was hard at work in getting our house ready for sale. We've decided that this was a chance for us to start a new and the only way that we can do that without drowning ourselves in debt is to move out of California. Well fast forward to two weeks ago, my husband got a call from a childhood friend in Colorado. He has his own business and offered my husband a job.

Now let me straighten this out (for I've heard that people think otherwise) I am very ecstatic about this new development. Who would not feel happy knowing that their husband got a job? I sure was happy. The only thing that got me feeling the negativity was that he was going to leave soon to start his job while I had to tie all the loose ends here in Cali. That meant I had to sell the house, plan the move all by myself all together doing my job as a mom and performing my "big" duties at church.

Last week I was feeling drained, tired of painting and thinking of the overwhelming task ahead of me. Hence the sadness in my tone. It was a breakdown of some sorts but after some more communication between my husband and his new boss we found out that he'll only be in Colorado for two weeks and then he'll come back to help me finish up whatever we need to over here.

A definite relief!

So to all that wondered what was the story behind all the sadness. That's it. I was just feeling very overwhelmed. At that time I typed up my sad post, I was feeling tired and could not get away long enough that I can get a clear mind.

But now that's all behind me. I have my fresh perspective on things and now that I know I have supporters somewhere in the cyberworld I'm ready to face whatever is thrown at me.

So now that that's out of the way..... Let's do some business....

Hannie and StacyL please email me your mailing addresses at graceelainetolman@yahoo.com and I'll send you a little something from my scrapbook stash. Remember though that most of my stuff are in boxes so it wont' be alot but it's sent with love. :)

and here's my card for Get Sketchy this week.

Sending Happy Thoughts

How ironic because I could have used this card early last week. LOL. Anyways I used the sketch #45 for this one.


I made the ribbons first then adhered it to the pattern paper with pop up dots and added more dimension and texture with some rhinestones.

Again thank you all that showed their concerns. It mean a lot to me.

Take care and till next time,
Grace

3 comments:

Allison said...

I'm glad that he'll be able to come back to help you! That would be a very big task to accomplish while taking care of two kids!!

Hannie C said...

Grace, thanks for sharing. I think our good vibe has changed the sad things in your life.. right? *wink*
I do believe even if your hubby is not around, you can do all those tasks that you've mentioned, but of course with some help here and there from ppl that you trust.

Tessa Buys said...

That's so hard, but way to go with your positive attitude! When I was pregnant with our youngest, my husband got a job in Wyoming and we stayed in California until baby came. I was working full-time, had two kids to care for, and all that moving stuff to worry about. But it turned out great. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I promise!