Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, January 26, 2016

"Sufficient " layout

One little word has been a great way to start off the year. I've been doing OLW for about four years now. If you haven't heard about it, Ali Edwards started it a few years back. The premise is that you pick one word that you would focus on for that year. It doesn't have to be related to any specific goal but you can make the word encompass all of your plans for the year. Last year I used the word LEARN. I wanted to embrace the idea of being the student, specifically with my crafting. I watched a lot of videos and free classes and really enjoyed gaining new knowledge about my favorite craft.

This year's OLW came through with a quote that I read in one of my classes at school. Oddly enough I got it from one of my readings for an Economics class. The quote is... "Whether true or not, the thought of not enough occurs to us automatically before we even think to question or examine it. . .What begins a simple expression of the hurried life, or even the challenged life, grows into the great justification for an unfulfilled life. It becomes the reasons we can’t have what we want or be who we want to be, why we can’t accomplish the goals we set for ourselves, why our dreams can’t come true, and the reason we give up on ourselves or write off other." So with that...my OLW for this year is SUFFICIENT! My supplies are sufficient, my talent is sufficient, I am sufficient.

So to solidify my word, I created the following layout, which was also inspired by the latest challenge over at  Kraft+ challenge blog. The challenge was to use a kraft cardstock as a background and then use some handwriting. I used my handwriting for the journaling as well as the lines around my page and other elements. 






Thank you for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

4 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

This is a beautiful page! Love the colours, the way you've written the journaling under the title with that wave motion....it all works so well together on your page....just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at K+ this month. And good luck with the word 'sufficient'.... think I have enough supplies, too :)

ros said...

Your layout is fabulous! ♥ it , thanks heaps for joining us at Kraft+ ♥

Katie said...

What a lovely page! Thanks for joining us at Kraft+.

Elisa Ablett said...

Love your page, simply gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Kraft+