Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, September 4, 2015

First Family Picture layout

I had a six week break from school so I tried to focus on getting some scrapbook pages done. This week I focused on Mason's baby album. Since he's one now (time flies super fast) I know I should create the pages before the memory goes away. 

This layout share is going to be submitted to two challenges. The sketch is from Stick it Down blog and the journaling prompt, which is answering the questions "What are you most proud of?" is from the Studio challenge blog

I was drawn to the sketch because it had strips of paper on the back of a single photo. I loved how that helped me use up some scraps of paper that I've accumulated from making the rest of the pages in my baby album. 

 I have a gold foil type of cardstock in my stash which I used to cut out the cursive "family" word as well as the leaf design on the left side of my photo.
I have set aside product to use for this baby album and they are all kept in a plastic Iris container so when I get a chance to work on the album, all of my pages will have the same products, making the book have a cohesive look.

 I love the prompt and I used that to journal about how proud I am of the little family and my husband and I built together.

So there you have it. I hope that you stop by the challenge blog links and find inspiration for your next paper crafting project.

Till next time,
Grace

12 comments:

Colleen said...

Such a precious LO. You are so right, they grow up so fast. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful family you have. Your layout showcases your blessings beautifully. I love the soft colours. They are perfect for your photo. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

Marci said...

Wonderful photo and I love what you did with the sketch! The flowers down the left side look so wonderful! Thanks for joining in at STICK IT DOWN!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL page Grace! Love the story behind this page...Thanks for playing along with us at Stick-It-Down!!!

Unknown said...

Lovely layout. Thanks for joining us over at STICK IT DOWN x

Unknown said...

I love your LO, it's so great!!! thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down (www.mandiencolores.blogspot.com)

Jinny Newlin said...

I totally relate to your journaling, love! There's no more perfect of a thing to be proud of than family. Such a beautiful page to highlight your sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio!

Kerry said...

This is a lovely 'Family' photo and page for your sons album and we know in years to come he will treasure the memories you have documented for him. Thanks so much for sharing your family layout with us at The Studio Challenges. xx

Hee Sun Kim (MIYAKE) said...

Great page! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio Challenges!

Amanda said...

Love this photos and it's great that the scraps you used will help tie your album together. Thanks for playing with us at Stick It Down.

Katy said...

This is a gorgeous layout! I love the papers and the flowers on the side. Gold! (I love gold!) :) Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down! :)

Cherished said...

Wonderful page. Thanks for playing at Stick it Down.