Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Other layouts with my homemade February scrapbook kit

It's me again, sharing with you two more layouts that I created with my February homemade scrapbook kit. I'm in the process of putting together my March one and I can't wait to share it with you.

These layouts didn't come with a process video. I am finding that I work on my layouts as time permits and that means that it's harder to work when I still have to set up the camera and clean my surface. I'm hoping to find a better system so I can continually share process videos as I make my pages. 

Happy Times with the Family
This layout was about our roller skating activity that we did in 2012. I had a long title because I wanted to use up some of the stickers that I pulled out for the kit.

I heat embossed that handmade ribbon accent with gold powder then added some red silk ribbons on the bottom. I used the grid paper from Teresa Collins for my journaling. I liked that it gave me clean lines to add my handwriting to. 

I did a lot of layering of papers here as I was going through scraps from my kit. I wanted to incorporate every little bit that I can.

This trim was from the SEI sticker sheet and it complemented the two circles with gold embossed stamping on them.

I added some "love" rubons on white cardstock and then added the word "merry" with a sticker over it

Where there is Love
This layout is about a quick overnight visit of my husband's aunt and her husband in 2011. They were traveling across the country from Arizona to Florida for an LDS mission. It was nice to visit with them even if it's just for a little while. 

This was my last layout with the kit so I was putting together lots of bits and leftovers. That title is from Creative Memories and I dressed it up a bit with some red photo corner stickers from GCD Studios. I adhered it with some foam adhesive so I can tuck some other stickers and embellishments under it.

This spot is a layering of all sorts of stickers and I punched out a heart from the gold glitter paper to add some gold detail to this area of the layout. I also added a row of heart rubons.

I used a die cut border from GCD Studios and threaded that with a skinny gold trim.

I can't leave this layout without adding the date. I decided to do that with my Studio Calico date stamp.

So there you have it. Thanks again for stopping by and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to leave me a comment below.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: