Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, December 9, 2013

Back to Basics Part 1

Hi there friends. Lately I have been missing the good 'ol days of scrapbooking. I mean the part where I have a set of products (usually from a kit club) and have to crank out 4-5 layouts in one sitting (or two). I've missed picking out pictures, playing with products and diving into some memory keeping/documenting. Don't get me wrong, I've never stopped doing this but lately, I feel like it hasn't been that productive. That is why a few days ago, I decided to go "back to basics". I grabbed some items in my stash, made sure they all coordinated, pulled out photos and went to work. Here's two out of four layouts that I created for my personal challenge...

Candy Girl
I wanted to use a 6x6 paper pad from American Crafts as my main pattern paper stash for all of my projects. Because these are smaller in size, I punched them out in circles and added them as a border on the bottom of my page. I love how the small design fit perfectly with the circle shapes. 

I also had some butterfly chipboard in my stash and I added color to them by rubbing them on my ink pad.

My daughter is a "candy-holic" and I wanted to document that in my journaling. In this particular trip to the mall, she was super excited to use her money to get a bubble gum. Only my Maddie would be excited about spending her quarter for candy.

Decorating the cake
With this layout, I used the same patter papers as a border for my page. I had cut them into tiny 1/2" wide strips and laid them around my photos. I used a block style design for my images and filled it the empty spaces with pattern paper and a journaling block. 

I used some stamps from Pink Paislee to create some of my handmade elements like the banner with "stupendous" and arrow.

I love how quick I can add color to the butterflies just by rubbing them on my ink pad.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock- KI Memories; Pattern paper- 6x6 Pad, Ready Set Go, American Crafts; Journaling blocks-Lily Bee Design; Letter stickers- Thickers, American Crafts; Butterfly chipboards- Heidi Swapp; Stamps- Pink Paislee; Inks- Tsukineko, American Crafts, ColorBox; Epoxy dots- My Mind's Eye; Flourish black stickers- KI Memories; Pen- Millennium, Zig; Mist- Heidi Swapp; Thread- Coats and Clark, Sewing Machine- Kenmore; Adhesives- SEI, Thermoweb.

Thanks for stopping by and I will be sharing part 2 of this show and tell at the end of the week. Stay tuned.

Till next time,
Grace

3 comments:

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

I love both layouts!

Izzy Anderson said...

These are adorable! Great designs.

Grace Tolman said...

Thank you Mary Ann and Izzy. It was very therapeutic going back to the basics. :)