Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, February 11, 2016

"Love Them So" layout

Hi guys. My kids are going to have a four day weekend coming up so I'm working hard in getting my finished layouts up on the blog today and tomorrow before I "play" with the kiddos. What's your plan for the long weekend?

This layout share was inspired by two challenges. 

The first one is a sketch from GrandDiva's creative corner....

The second was is from Rochelle Spears' This or That challenge...
And here's my take on the challenges...
Instead of using a Polaroid frame on the left side, I pulled out some tag die cuts from Avery Elle to add to my homemade kit. I busted that out and made a vertical row of tags using some papers from the Cedar Lane collection from Pink Paislee. I inked the edges to make them stand out from the background papers a bit more. 

And for the frame, I had some chipboard frames, also from  Pink Paislee, that I added on this page. I used one to house my journaling and the other for my title.

Because my page was pretty busy with lots o f pattern papers, I matted my photo with dark green paper to make it stand out against all the background.

Here are some more close ups....

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a creative weekend.

Till next time,
Grace

2 comments:

Rochelle Spears said...

Really nice layout Grace! Great job on the challenges! Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy Friends Challenges! :)

Brenda said...

Awesome layout and wonderful take on both challenges! Thank you for playing along with the Scrappy Friends challenges!