Hi there dear friends. Today I'm sharing with you a minibook that I created recently. I haven't really done any mini book lately because 1. I am running out of room for them and 2. I felt like my pictures and stories need to be put into the albums versus in smaller books that can be lost or misplaced. But this particular event had way too many pictures and I had a hard time cramming them into one double page spread. I also wanted to challenge myself and see if I can created a minibook that is my style from a predesigned album kit. Here's the result...
You can see my process, including the items that I gathered for this project in the video below...
Here are a few things I learned from this process:
1. It is possible to create a project that is within my style from a predesigned album kit. It's just a matter of tweaking the accents or embellishments and some parts of the original layout design.
2. It was fun working with precut papers and accents. It made the process faster. I was able to get this book done in 3 hours. That's a first for me.
3. Gathering all of my items to create this book also made the process efficient. Since I have everything I needed within arms reach, I didn't have to stop my creating to rummage through my stash for items.
4. Creating a minibook helped me use up my stash faster than making a layout or two. Because I'm trying to create repetition within the pages of this book, I used some items over and over again like photo corners, stickers, pearls, etc. It helped me make a huge dent to my stash.
5. Having typed journaling to sprinkle within the pages of the book helped to ensure that the stories that can't be viewed with the photos are also added to the book.
Here are some close ups....
Have a great day.
Till next time,