Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, April 18, 2018

DIY Farmhouse Wreath

A double post from me today. Wow! Who am I and how did I manage that? Honestly, I have no clue! LOL. But since I have you here already, let me share with you something fun I did recently. I have been in this "farmhouse design" kick lately. I try not to follow trends too much because I find that they fade quickly. However, the whole simplistic, rustic and homemade feel of the farmhouse design aesthetic spoke to me and I have been crazy working on making my home have that feel. I will have to create a blog post sharing ALL of the projects I created recently for it, from wood design to even sewing up some new pillows. Even my daughter said she is loving how my little DIYs are making our home "prettier". 

Anyways, so this wreath was inspired by the coffee filter wreaths that I've seen in the blogosphere. However, instead of using coffee filters, I used some vintage lightweight paper that I've had in my scrapbook stash forever and a Spellbinders nestabilities die


 The paper is from Die Cuts with a View and like I said, it is lightweight. Kind of the feel of a book page. So it was easy for me to crumple. I also used a foam wreath ring.

 First I used the die to create my scallop circle. I started with the biggest circle since I wanted it to resemble the coffee filters. But then I had all of these scraps and wanted to maximize my papers so I also cut two other smaller sizes. I don't know how many I was able to cut from the papers, but if I were to guess it was about 100-200 scallop circles.


Then with a highlighter (you can also use a sharpie or any thicker pen/marker) I crumpled the paper towards the center, added a dab of hot glue on the back side and then adhered it to my wreath. I did this until I was happy with the "fullness" of the wreath.


 I decided to leave the back plain so that the wreath can rest on the wall without any bulkiness.

 To add some "vintage" feel to it, I misted my papers with this Maya Road mist. It has glitter but also with some dark tint to it.

 To display my wreath, I added some blue sheer ribbon and a bow. I adhered it to my wall with a thumbtack. No need to drill any holes if I can get away with it.

And here's a close-up.

Love, love, love the result. What do you think?

So I didn't really use any of the smaller circles that I had cut and so I will be getting a smaller wreath ring so I can make a smaller version of this. I also would like to create a "frame" for this wreath with a reclaimed window or something like that. What do you think?

Thank you for stopping by.

till next time,
Grace

No comments: