Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, August 10, 2016

"Merry and Bright" layout

Happy Wednesday dear friends. Today's layout was inspired by the following sketch from Creative Scrappers blog...

I decided to turn the page 180 degrees and instead of just one 4x6, I squeezed in 5 3x4 photos. These papers are very old but I love hoarding Christmas stash as they are always useful, especially with Christmas pages. The colors and elements (for me) doesn't really go out of style. What do you think?

 I also used the papers to create my own embellishments.

I even layered some of them and tucked them here and there to create clusters of embellishments.


The page was busy but I did manage to add a few strips of journaling on the right side of the page. It can't be a page without journaling, right?

Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

5 comments:

Cheryl Even said...

Fun journaling, and what a great use of your papers to cut embellishments from them! I agree, Christmas paper never goes out of style.

Yvette said...

What a fabulous idea to make your own embellishments!! Nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Scrappers!

Kristine Davidson said...

thank you so much for participating and sharing with us at Creative Scrappers !!!

Linda said...

Hello Grace. A charming page. Loved that you used several photos. Great story. The papers and embelliies are such fun. Thanks so much for sharing. Linda

Chocoscrapaholic said...

I love the embellishments you made. So glad you joined us this month at Creative Scrappers!