Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, March 11, 2016

"Celebration Cake" layout

One of my favorite things about challenges lately is that it gets me to use some items in my stash that I don't normally gravitate to. With this page, the design was inspired by the latest sketch at My Creative Sketches blog. Then I also made it for a stamping challenge over at Scrapbook.com. The challenge asked us to use some mixed media items along with stamping. It was a good excuse to bust out the gesso, gelato and stencil. 

I toned down the text paper with gesso then added a star burst stencil in the place where the circle goes on the sketch. I also added some subtle blue chevron stamping over the background paper. This page is definitely "not me" in many ways but I love the messy look. Very different from my normal page. 

I had a couple of flairs from Freckled Fawn that was perfect for this "celebration" type page.



Thank you so much for stopping by.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: