Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, December 2, 2015

"Happy Easter" layout

Happy Wednesday friends. Today's layout was inspired by this sketch from Paper Issues blog. I love the arrows but to be honest with you, it was harder to pull off than I thought. My control freak side was getting frustrated when the arrows weren't lining up properly. After about an hour of fussing with it, I finally gave up and just used what I've cut out. Do you ever have those moments where it wasn't looking like what you've envisioned it to be? Do you move on, or do you beat it to death? I'm the first as I don't like to stress about this wonderful hobby of ours.
 
 
I turned the sketch to it's side so that my smaller photos can fit in the page better. I used the paper collection from My Mind's Eye called "Now & Then". There's a few sub categories from this collection and my supplies came from the "Mildred" line. I believe this was created for more of a feminine style.
I love how the colors and designs fit my springy type of page. I also love that it had some gold type of accents. Gold is so popular right now and it helped me bring in that trend into this page.
I also love all of the word/phrase stickers. You all know how I'm sucker for these kinds of products. I added a flair from Chic Tags too to break up all of the rectangle and squares in this cluster.
I initially thought of doing some machine stitching with the arrows but after my hour of getting them right, I decided that some pen stitching will be just fine.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic day.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: