Hi there crafty friends. One of the things I wanted to accomplish this year is to actually put some of my over 6,000 pins to good use. Anyways, I am resolving to get some pinned items done and I'm calling this (hopefully monthly) post "pin to done".
For my first post, I am sharing a weekly menu board that I made using a picture frame, vinyl and my ever so helpful Silhouette Cameo machine.
One of the things that I really wanted to focus on this year is to be more organized. Now I can't say that I'm totally disorganized but sometimes I feel that my life can be more efficient if I just take the time to organize and plan. So to start fixing this problem, I went with one of the most annoying things that my kids ask me every.single.day- "What's for dinner?" Here are some of my inspirations....
I bought a frame at a local outlet store and I've had that brown vinyl for a while now so I went with that color. I liked the chalk board in Inspiration #3 but knew that if I went that route, it would take me longer to accomplish this project.
The first thing I did was clean up the glass on my frame. I didn't want it to be dusty as the vinyl might not stick well. Then I went through my stash of scrapbook papers and picked out a pattern that's not too busy and yet cute enough to stand behind the letters. Chevron is very popular right now and the yellow reminds me of sunshine so I went with that paper.
Next, I typed up the letters that I wanted cut. When I look back at my inspirations, I knew that the days of the week letters needed to be skinny enough that there will be plenty of room to write up the dishes next to it. I also liked the combination of scrip and sans serif fonts here. Adding the letters to the glass was the longest part of the process for me. I didn't have a transfer tape so I had to do it one letter at a time. I made this frame on a Saturday where I knew I had plenty of time to create. I was also watching a show on Netflix while I made this. I used a strip of washi tape to make the letters aligned. I used the tape as a rule or some sorts, taping it on the bottom of the first letter of the word and then adhering the rest. After every word/day, I pulled it out and then repeated the process for the following day.
I loved the distressed white look of the frame but thought it needed something else, so I added three flowers using some hot glue.
I even added a sharpie on the back so I won't have to search for a sharpie when I'm revising the menu. I added it with some velcro. I adhered it with some more hot glue.
Thanks for stopping by and if you've done any project from your pin boards, comment below. I might just pin your idea to make in the future.
Till next time,