Hi there ribbon friends. Grace here to share with you a very fun and easy way to use up your ribbon for home décor. Like it or not, magnets, especially those that we use on our refrigerator doors are very handy. And usually we just use the ones that we get free from our favorite auto mechanic shop or from our realtor. Well I’m here to share with you a fun and easy way to turn ribbon into magnets and make your refrigerator door’s most useful accessory stylish.
1. Gather your supplies
2. Mark a small circle from felt piece using a marker and a round shape template then cut it out.
3. Dab some hot glue on one side of the felt circle and wrap some ribbon around it, folding it a few times to create the rosette effect. Repeat it until you’ve gone all the way around the felt piece. Trim the edge of the ribbon and tuck behind the folded ribbons for a finished look. Repeat again to create a second rosette over the first one.
4. Attach a flair on the center of the rosette ribbon using more hot glue. Fold the ribbon, cut the ends into notches and hot glue it on the back of the ribbon.
5. Repeat the process using the red ribbon.
6. Hot glue a piece of magnet on the back side of the magnets.
Here’s a look at the finished project and some more details…
Thank you for joining me today and I hope I’ve inspired you to add some ribbon in your next home décor project.
Edinburgh, Dress Stewart, 1”, Ribbon’s Unlimited Inc.
Country Check, Red, 1”, Ribbon’s Unlimited Inc.
Flairs, Lawn Fawn
Others- Felt piece, Magnet strip, Hot glue gun and glue stick